Bury Grammar School dates back to 1570 but the current campus was established in 1903 and is located in a leafy, 45-acre estate in Bury, Lancashire.
Although much of our Girls' Senior School dates back to 1903, we have added to the estate in almost every decade since, ensuring that the School provides a sense of grandeur and tradition along with leading-edge architecture and facilities to all our pupils.
The estate comprises of:
- Bury Grammar School Girls (Seniors) – the oldest part of this building dates back to 1903 and houses our magnificent Roger Kay Assembly Hall. The Edwardian building has been extensively added to and refurbished over the years and skilfully blends the old and new. It is home to our modern joint sixth form centre that was opened in 2014
- Bury Grammar School Boys (Seniors) – a large, bright, well equipped 1950s / 1960s building that houses the school’s dining halls
- Bury Grammar School Girls (Juniors) – newly built in 1997 this modern, airy building offers classrooms, a library and assembly hall
- Bury Grammar School Boys (Juniors) – a splendid 1920s former magistrate’s court building
- Bury Grammar School Infant and Kindergarten – a modern building of exceptional design opened in 2008
In addition to the main school buildings, we have extensive sports facilities:
- 2 x sports halls
- Swimming pool
- Tennis courts, grass rugby, football and cricket pitches, hockey pitches and netball courts
- A new suite of artificial sports playing surfaces, including an exceptional 3G facility along with a sprint and jump track, and 2 multi-use games areas
- 20 acres of pristine grass football and rugby pitches
The estate allows the School to offer extensive sporting and extra-curricular activities to all our pupils and provides an ideal learning environment for all academic subjects.