Boys' Sports Report - Week Ending 06/10/2017

Boys' Sports Report - Week Ending 06/10/2017

Date: Thursday 28th September
Sport: Football
Team : U15
Opposition: Whitworth Community High School

The U15s began their defence of the ESFA Small Schools Cup last Thursday with a round 1 game away at Whitworth Community High School. Going into the game, Bury had to begin without their goalkeeper, Luke Hutchinson and winger Alex Baker, both due to injury.

So reinforcements were brought in and we went into the game looking for an early goal. Within 2 minutes, Bailey Dalziel scored from long range to put Bury 1-0 ahead. The game became very scrappy and the 1-0 lead remained the same at half time. Whitworth had chances but Oliver Dufton in goal ensured the score stayed as it was. A second half improvement was clearly on show and Sam Bird repeated his story of last week by scoring another hat trick to put Bury 4-0 ahead. A consolation goal from Whitworth meant that the game finished 4-1 and Bury progressed into the second round of the cup.

Date: Saturday 30th September
Sport: Football
Team: U14-U18
Opposition: QEGS Blackburn
Results Won: 2
Drew: 0
Lost: 1

On Saturday 30th September all fixtures were against Abbeygate College.

After the impressive midweek win in the ISFA Cup an injury stricken 1st XI struggled away at Abbeygate and were 3-1 down at half time with Joshua Taylor scoring for BGSB. A goal for Seb Marsi in the second half was not enough and the 1st XI suffered a 5-2 defeat.

The 2nd XI struggled early on and conceded the first goal before Harry Vernon equalised to make the half time score 1-1. The 2nd XI played much better in the second half and goals for Owen Halstead and Joshua Delahunty gave BGSB a 3-2 win.

The U14s continued their impressive start to the season with a 9-0 home win. The goal scorers were three each for both Tom Sullivan and Ben Holland, one each for Harry-Graham Scott and Aaron Ebbs and an own goal.
Date: Thursday 28th September
Sport: Football
Team: U18
Opposition: ACS Hillingdon

On Thursday the 1st XI travelled to Buckinghamshire to play ACS Hillingdon in the 1st round of the ISFA Cup. Bury took the lead in the first half with Jacob Clayton scoring from close range but ACS Hillingdon had the better of the second half and deservedly equalised. The score stayed at 1-1 for the remainder of the second half with both team struggling to unlock two very good defences. Following extra time, with both teams failing to score, the boy’s fate was to be decided on penalties. Bury confidently scored all their spot kicks with Bury goalkeeper Matthew Hyde saving two penalties which put the 1st XI into the second round with a home tie against Harrodian.