I find myself writing my newsletter piece for this week on Friday afternoon after rehearsing for our annual Prize Giving event which takes place on Monday evening at 6.45pm. The boys have been fantastic given the stifling conditions and I have informed them that it will be full uniform minus their blazers. I look forward to seeing you all at our most important event of the year.
In a nutshell, the week has involved:
• Transition Day took place on Monday with the boys re-locating to their new classrooms, meeting their new teachers and generally having lots of fun. It was also lovely to meet all of our new parents who will be joining the BGSB Junior School family in September.
• Disco fever hit the Junior School Hall dancefloor on Thursday night as we held our Year 6 Leavers’ party – the less said about our joint dance moves to YMCA, the better.
• We held a fabulous orchestra day on Friday in which Junior School boys played alongside children from BGSG and local schools.
• Year 5 visited MOSI for our penultimate trip of the year (the Cinema trip is on Tuesday).
• A Memory Club assembly was held for parents and Years 3 & 4 on Tuesday that explored the ways in which we can help ourselves to recall lists – the memorable moment was Alexander reciting every King and Queen of England – well done!
• The Languages club also delivered a fantastic child-lead assembly all about the different languages and cultures they have learnt about throughout the year.
Busy as always! Your son should also have brought home his report with him this evening. I sincerely hope you find it a useful and interesting read and would be pleased if you would return the reply slip to school on Monday.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Head of Junior School