BGS pupils and teachers are proud to aim high and have high expectations.
To challenge and inspire pupils to work hard, aim high and achieve and to provide an excellent learning environment where each pupil values academic success and where achievement is celebrated by all.
To foster intellectual curiosity and generosity of spirit, self-belief, confidence, a sense of responsibility and a caring and tolerant outlook.
To encourage all pupils to participate in a wide range of activities, developing an all-round approach to their education and a life-long love of learning.
To support parents in raising well-rounded, ambitious and happy children who play a positive role in society, develop a sense of duty and service and are well prepared for lives in an ever-changing world.
1. Develop Bury Grammar School’s standing and profile on the regional and national stage in our 450th year
2. Develop Bury Grammar School’s Pupil Leadership Programme
3. Develop Bury Grammar School’s Leadership and Training Academy for both BGS staff and colleagues in other schools
4. Continue to strengthen academic provision across all areas of BGS so that all pupils can truly achieve the very best of which they are capable
5. Maintain, recruit, nurture and develop a first class teaching and support staff
6. Strengthen communication with current parents
7. Develop ways in which we put Bury Grammar School on show
8. Continue to develop pastoral care
9. Develop Bury Grammar School’s extra-curricular programme
10. Continue to work together as one school and ensure quality of provision
BGS Strategic Plans - Full Document